Corner control second speed
Corner control, low speed
- The purpose is to control the traversing speed of the machine in the corners.
- This is required when the machine negotiates a corner, the projecting jib tip will be moving in an arc that is proportional to the radius/angle of track curve.
- This means that the jib tip will be moving faster with the cradle at an awkward speed for the operators.
- Hence it is required to reduce the speed of traverse at the corners especially when the jib is longer.
- A limit switch striker at a rotating point of the wheel assembly or at the pivoting point of the base and the signal is transferred to the control panel.