- The purpose is to limit the luffing in & out of the jib beyond prescribed limits to prevent adverse operation of system.
- Luffing beyond limits could
- End up in collision of jib with building elements.
- Damage the screw end cap in electromechanical luffing.
- Damage seal elements in hydraulic luffing.
- The conventional practice is to fix limit switch striker on moving jib and mount the lever type limit switches in appropriate locations on a fixed marker.
- The system also comes with mechanical buffer to further safe guard the operation.